You will receive a very warm welcome at Caldecote Primary School. Our vision is for all children in our care become the very best that they can be.
We continue to work relentlessly to ensure all our children are 'Happy, Healthy, High-Achieving'
Caldecote Primary School is situated in a beautiful greenfield site within the village of Caldecote which is approximately 6 miles west of Cambridge. We are a one-form entry school with a capacity of 210 children. We are part of the cb23 network which includes Comberton Village and Cambourne Colleges where the majority of our Year 6 children transfer to.
The school's catchment area includes Caldecote and Childerley, and we also have some children from surrounding villages. In addition to the primary school classes, we have before and after school clubs called Care Clubs, which is accommodated in our Community Room within the school. The school is used by many child and adult community groups throughout the school term and during the holidays.
Our vision is to be a Happy, Healthy, High-Achieving school where all pupils:
- reach their full potential and meet the high expectations we set for them
- celebrate their successes together
- feel happy and secure in their learning and play
- are enthusiastic, committed and engaged in all areas of school life
- fuel their learning with healthy, balanced diets and activity
- work collaboratively as a community showing respect, consideration and support for each other
To enable pupils to achieve these aims, the staff are committed to:
- using different teaching and learning styles which are inclusive of all
- nurturing independent and motivated learners
- creating a positive, supportive learning environment
- providing a range of opportunities for pupils to develop their skills and interests
- listening to our pupils and responding positively to their needs