Raising Attainment Plan (RAP)
The RAP focuses primarily on raising outcomes for our children. We focus on a small number of key areas that we consider will have a positive impact on raising attainment for all our pupils. These areas are decided by analysing information that is drawn from many different sources e.g. pupil progress, SATs results, ASP, teacher assessments, DfE & Ofsted reports, research studies, etc. These priorities are shared with all staff, parents and governors. The governors play a critical role in ensuring we regularly review our progress and work within our agreed timescales.
As well as the RAP, all staff produce subject leadership development plans annually and these address the many other areas of the school that need to be monitored and developed.
These are our priorities for the current year:
To provide outstanding teaching and learning for all pupils
- Reading: to improve our provision for phonics teaching through a consistent programme across Reception and Key Stage 1 including decodable texts which match pupils’ abilities
- Writing: to improve overall quality of writing across school with a particular focus on spellings and handwriting
- Caldecote Curriculum: to further develop the following areas:
- Daily short sessions: consistency and quality that ensures cumulative learning across the school
- All subjects: ensuring our curriculum intent enables knowledge that develops subsequent learning that is remembered
- ’11 x 11’ Curriculum: is embedded in all year groups
- Subject Leadership: to continue to develop leaders who have subject expertise and confidence to lead and inspire others
- Diversity: to improve our learning environments and curriculum so they reflect the increasing diversity of our cohorts
Leaders of all subjects have plans for the development of their subject across the school. They are regularly reviewed and monitored along with the link governors.